Give back to your community!
The Seal Rock Fire Department welcomes new volunteers. Our membership is not limited to people with fire-related experience. Our volunteers bring a broad scope of experience to the department. We offer an extensive training program, which qualifies our volunteers to respond to a wide range of calls, including medical, motor vehicle accidents, structure fires and grass fires, citizen assists, and more.
In addition to responding to calls for assistance, the Seal Rock Fire Department is active in the community. We participate in an annual food drive called "Operation Santa Claus" for the benefit of South County families and the South Lincoln County Food Bank. We host an annual awards banquet to recognize our members for extraordinary achievements throughout the year, and we enjoy an annual picnic with our friends and families.
Being a volunteer with the fire department is an interesting, educational, and satisfying way to serve your community – and it's fun! Join the Seal Rock Fire Department and enjoy the challenge and sense of accomplishment that comes from mastering new skills, and the friendships that come with working together to help your neighbors.
What does it mean to be a volunteer firefighter or emergency medical services (EMS) provider?
- For some, it is a way to give back to their communities.
- For others, it is a way to move into a paid job in the fire or EMS field.
- Others see it as a way to meet friends and interact with a group of individuals who are motivated to come together to help one another.
- It is responding at all hours of the night and day to any number of emergencies.
- It is the challenge of remembering how to cut a car apart or gain access to a burning home.
- It is seeing your fellow humans at their worst and looking to you to help them through an event that forever will be in their memory.
- It is something you will never regret doing.
For more information,
call the Seal Rock Fire Department at 541-563-4441.
Call for drill location: Tuesday evenings at 6:00pm.